Ruby
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friendcodes news

Go down

Friendcodes news Empty Friendcodes news

Post  Ruby The Hedgehog Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:58 pm

from friendcodes.com!
A Super Smash Bros. Brawl sequel being considered?
Super Smash Bros. Brawl has been a huge success since it's launch. It's received record breaking sales figures and extremely high acclaim from game critics. Now it seems that this may not be the last we see of Super Smash Bros, with Masahiro Sakurai, the lead developer behind Super Smash Bros. Brawl talks about ideas and characters that didn't make the cut and hints that there may need to be a sequel. Here is what he had to say:

“It’s taken over three years to make Brawl but I actually stopped trying to include new ideas early on in development."

"What happened in the next year and a half was that we distilled the game down, worked out which ideas we had time to include and which we didn’t. Sadly, we had to trim out many great concepts just to keep within the time contraints. I had a lot more characters, for example.. but sadly I can’t discuss which ones didn’t make it."

"There are 39 characters in the game this time around and just adding a few more wouldn’t be enough to justify a new game in my opinion; I’d have to draw a line in the sand and have a new approach to make it worthwhile. As long as the fans enjoy it, though, that’s what matters and in the distant future, I guess that might be something I have to consider.”

It seems that more characters and concept ideas were originally planned for Brawl, but were cut due to the development time. The last quote especially presents the possibility that a new Super Smash Bros may be on the horizon, although it seems unlikely that it will happen during the Wii's life time.

Source: Aussie-Nintendo.com - Australia's Best Nintendo Coverage - Article

Friendcodes news Subspa10
Ruby The Hedgehog
Ruby The Hedgehog
Admin

https://rubyrules.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum